Ben Wells - President
Back to Blog
FWC Ballot Results
Happy New Year FWC Members! The voting on the most recent ballot officially closed at the end of the day on December 30th. Here are the results:
Out of 114 eligible members, we received 45 votes.
1) Proposed Bylaws Change 1: Technology/Modern Process Updates
Passes with 100% voting "Yes"
2) Proposed Bylaws Change 2: Communication Updates
Passes with 93.2% voting "Yes"
3) Proposed Bylaws Change 3: Process Efficiency Updates
Passes with 95.5% voting "Yes"
4) Proposed Bylaws Change 4: Other/Misc Updates
Passes with 93.3% voting "Yes"
5) Proposed addition 8-C: Shims may be placed in the hull/crossbar joints. For Classic model Waves that do not have center lace tramps to sufficiently tighten, a single fastener may be installed in each of the four hull/crossbar joints to lessen spreading between the hulls and crossbars.
Passes with 97.8% voting to include the rule
6) Proposed Revision of Rudder Arm Rule
Rule will be revised, with 84.1% voting to change the verbiage to read "Rudder arms may be shortened, rotated or replaced with an arm from another Hobie catamaran model."
Thank you to all who voted, and to all who provided feedback in the comments section. If there are any additional bits of feedback not submitted, please feel free to send them anytime.
If you have any questions about these results, please let us know. The updated rules and bylaws will be updated and posted on Facebook soon, and a copy will be sent to everyone with the next monthly update.
Again, Happy New Year, and look for more information about the upcoming sailing season soon!
0 CommentsRead More
Leave a Reply.